Saturday, December 24, 2011

You Can’t Lead In Fear


Fear ruins more bright lives than you might imagine. Each of us, by virtue of our very human nature, has the potential to Lead Without Title and achieve great things that elevate everyone around us by our model of possibility. But the chattering voice of fear in our heads stops us from playing big.
A little while back I had the chance to spend 3 weeks in New Zealand. And just before I returned home, I had the opportunity to go heli-skiing. Yes, this is where a helicopter drops you off at the top of a mountain, and you ski down.
The experience was challenging, exhilarating and full of rich lessons for growth. Here are some of them, that we can apply to business and life:
1. You Don’t Grow In Normal
All I mean by this is that if you stay within your comfort zone, you don’t grow. But if you instead stretch and face fear head on by going to your limits, you’ll discover your limits will grow.
2. You Don’t Know Until You TryIt would have been easy to refuse the chance to heli-ski. I could have made a thousand excuses. But Leaders Without a Title recognize good opportunities. So I seized it. And because I tried heli-skiing, I not only grew as a skier, I added another experience to my life that will shape all I do.
3. On the Other Side of Your Fears You’ll Find Your Confidence
By doing what we’re afraid to do because it’s beyond our comfort zone, we grow in confidence. The increased confidence I have as a skier because I skied a new peak will translate to increased confidence as an entrepreneur and as a human being.
4. Life’s Short So Get In The Game
A rich life is one made up of many rich adventures. Don’t miss out on enjoying as many as you can.
Keep Leading Without A Title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Experienced and proven management professional with record of significant accomplishments and contributions. Demonstrated ability to galvanize teams to achieve ambitious results. Established effectiveness in providing vision and counsel in steering organizations through accelerated growth. Diversified background includes working in one of the Big-4 company in the areas of US Taxation, Risk management, Behavioural training and Business development.COMPETENCIES : Behavioural Training,Risk Management, Strategic Planning and implementation, Equity and Derivatives analysis,Project Management,Financial Statement Analysis; Contact at: nishantcmehta@hotmail.com